2018 Multi-Generational Service Trip to Agua Prieta, Mexico
Join us on a cross-cultural experience of a lifetime. Spend 3 days / 2 nights working on life-enhancing projects in a border town along the US – Mexico border. $200 per person includes transportation, food, housing, & building supplies.
Participants please plan to attend:
Informational meeting and planning session:
Sunday, March 11th, 12:15 pm
in room 1 in the education complex at Valley UU
- Final payment due, $200 per person
- Verify all paperwork is turned in
- Drivers needed – Mexican auto insurance is required, reimbursement for insurance and gas included in our budget.
- assign chores
- talk about the packing list
We will join Rancho Feliz Charitable Organization, which provides safe dorm-style accommodations, instruction on the projects, and meals. Click on the Volunteer hand to go to the Rancho Feliz website.
WHERE – Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico – across the border from Douglas, AZ
WHEN – Friday, March 16 – Sunday, March 18, 2018
COST – $200 per participant
- Valid passport or passport card for every person (copy to Marci)
- Service trip application (download – everyone needs pp. 1-3, youth need p. 4 NOTARIZED)
- Rancho Feliz_Liability-Release (download – everyone needs pp. 3-4, youth also need p.5)
- 12 – 13 year old youth must be accompanied by an adult
Service Trip schedule
Friday, March 16th 8 am – Meet at Valley UU, carpool to Rancho Feliz in Agua Prieta (*optional for groups from other congregations) Estimated time of arrival: 1 pm
Sunday, March 18th Lunch at dormitory, pack. Estimated time at Valley UU: 5pm
- Construct homes in a barrio
- Visit The Border Wall
- Outings in the community may include: a drug rehab center, orphanage, migrant release center
Contact Marci Beaudoin, DFF email@example.com or 480-899-4249
Watch the youtube video showcasing our 2016 service trip. Video produced by Blue G. a first time participant!