2018 Multi-Generational Service Trip to Agua Prieta, Mexico
Join us, youth (12 yrs +) and adults, on a cross-cultural experience of a lifetime. Spend 3 days / 2 nights working on life-enhancing projects in a border town along the US – Mexico border.
Watch the youtube video showcasing our 2016 service trip. Video produced by Blue G. a first time participant!
- Construct homes in a barrio
- Visit The Border Wall
- Outings in the community may include: a drug rehab center, orphanage, migrant release center
We will join Rancho Feliz Charitable Organization, which provides safe dorm-style accommodations, instruction on the projects, and meals. Click on the Volunteer hand to go to the Rancho Feliz website.
WHERE – Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico – across the border from Douglas, AZ
WHEN – Friday, March 16 – Sunday, March 18, 2018
COST – $200 per participant [ $50 Deposit DUE with each participants application]
- Valid passport or passport card for every person (copy to Marci)
- Vehicle transportation to/from Aqua Prieta (*carpooling from VUU available)
- One adult per five youth participants ratio required
- 12 – 14 year olds must be accompanied by an adult
- Service trip application (download – everyone needs pp. 1-3, youth need p. 4 NOTARIZED)
- Rancho Feliz_Liability-Release (download – everyone needs pp. 3-4, youth also need p.5)
- Fundraising opportunities:
March 3rd: Italian Dinner – set up, cook, serve, clean up
Coffee sales every Sunday
Service Trip schedule
Friday, March 16th – 8 am – Meet at Valley UU, carpool to Rancho Feliz in Agua Prieta (*optional for groups from other congregations) Estimated time of arrival: 12 pm
Sunday, March 18th Lunch at dormitory, pack. Estimated time at Valley UU: 5pm
Contact Marci Beaudoin, DFF firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-899-4249