The 2016 Service Trip was a fantastic experience for all involved. Our next service trip will be in the Spring of 2018 – information and applications will be available Fall of 2017.
2016 Multi-Generational Service Trip to Agua Prieta, Mexico
Join us, youth (12 yrs +) and adults, on a cross-cultural experience of a lifetime. Spend 3 days / 2 nights working on life-enhancing projects in a border town along the US – Mexico border.
- Construct homes in a barrio
- Visit The Border Wall
We will join Rancho Feliz Charitable Organization, which provides safe dorm-style accommodations, instruction on the projects, and meals. Click on the Volunteer hand to go to the Rancho Feliz website.
WHERE – Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico – across the border from Douglas, AZ
WHEN – Friday, March 11 – Sunday, March 13, 2016
COST – $250 per participant [ $50 Deposit DUE Jan. 3, 2016]
- Valid passport or passport card for every person (copy to Marci)
- Vehicle transportation to/from Aqua Prieta (*carpooling from VUU available)
- One adult chaperone per five youth participants
- Service Trip Application 2016(download)
- Rancho Feliz_Liability-Release (download – everyone needs pp. 2-3, youth also need p.4)
- Fundraising opportunities:
Service Trip schedule
Friday, March 11th – 3 pm – Meet at Valley UU, carpool to Rancho Feliz in Agua Prieta (*optional for groups from other congregations) Estimated time of arrival: 7 pm
Sunday, March 13 Lunch at dormitory, pack. Estimated time at Valley UU: 7 pm
Contact Marci Beaudoin, DLRE at email@example.com or 480-899-4249