- Class is open to non-members.
- Parent Orientation is mandatory.
- Payment is due at Parent Orientation (ask about payment plans).
Each child is assigned to an owl group based on their school grade and/or age. As the children grow, they will progress through the owl curriculum together with their designated group. What owl group is my child in? (click for link)
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a series of sexuality education classes that were developed by the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ that models and teaches caring, compassion, respect and justice. In an inclusive and developmentally appropriate manner, the Our Whole Lives program addresses sensitive topics and supports open communication within families. It is a comprehensive curriculum, where every question is welcome. The program recognizes and respects the diversity of our participants.
At Valley Unitarian Universalist congregation, we are proud to offer all six classes in the series on a rotational basis. However, we are only able to offer the class once for each age group.
- Kindergarten / gr.1 Parents participate in class with their children.
- Gr. 5-6 with an optional companion Parents’ Group.
- Gr. 8-9 with an optional companion Parents’ Group.
- Gr. 10-11
- Young Adults (ages 18-35)
Teachers from 2016 5th & 6th grade classes
Teachers – All instructors have passed background checks and are certified by the UUA. Certification categories: child classes – K/gr1 and gr. 5-6; Youth classes- gr. 8-9 and 10-11, adult classes – young adult and adult.
- Lorraine Doman-Sheydayi VUU OWL Coordinator, Child and Youth
- Chris Sar Child and Youth
- Janet Nash Child and Youth
- Molly McNamara Child, Youth and Adult, and Youth Teacher-Trainer
- Ken St. John:Child and Youth
- Karen Hindhede Child and Youth
- Sherrill Prideaux Youth
- Claudette Wassil Child and Youth
- Joel Sannes Child and Youth
- Carl Anderson Child and Youth
- Peter Schweitzer Youth and Adult
For more information contact Marci Beaudoin, Director of Faith Formation ministry, Faithform@vuu.org, 480-899-4249