Starting in January 2019:
Our Whole Lives Human Sexuality class for Young Adults (18-35 yrs)
- Focuses on life issues: increased independence, dating, partnering, children, identity-development, decision-making
- 14 2-hour sessions
- Select Saturdays and Sundays, Jan 27 – April 17, 2019
- Full calendar here
- Class is open to non-members.
- Childcare available for a fee, if needed
Pre-register: at the Faith Formation sign in table or contact Marci at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Valley Unitarian Universalist congregation, we are proud to offer all six classes in the series on a rotational basis. However, we are only able to offer the class once for each age group.
- Kindergarten / gr.1 Parents participate in class with their children.
- Gr. 5-6 with an optional companion Parents’ Group.
- Gr. 8-9 with an optional companion Parents’ Group.
- Gr. 10-11
- Young Adults (ages 18-35)
All children/youth classes are assigned an “OWL name”, refer to this chart to find the next program for your child/youth.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a series of sexuality education classes that were developed by the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ that models and teaches caring, compassion, respect and justice. In an inclusive and developmentally appropriate manner, the Our Whole Lives program addresses sensitive topics and supports open communication within families. It is a comprehensive curriculum, where every question is welcome. The program recognizes and respects the diversity of our participants.
Teachers from 2016 5th & 6th grade classes
Teachers – All instructors have passed background checks and are certified by the UUA. Certification categories: child classes – K/gr1 and gr. 5-6; Youth classes- gr. 8-9 and 10-11, adult classes – young adult and adult.
- Lorraine Doman-Sheydayi VUU OWL Coordinator, Child and Youth
- Chris Sar Child and Youth
- Janet Nash Child and Youth
- Molly McNamara Child, Youth and Adult, and Youth Teacher-Trainer
- Ken St. John:Child and Youth
- Karen Hindhede Child and Youth
- Sherrill Prideaux Youth
- Claudette Wassil Child and Youth
- Joel Sannes Child and Youth
- Carl Anderson Child and Youth
- Peter Schweitzer Youth and Adult
- Samantha Hale Youth
For more information contact Marci Beaudoin, Director of Faith Formation ministry, Faithform@vuu.org, 480-899-4249