VUUJAZ – VUU’s Legislative Advocacy Program
Shining A Bright Light For Socially-Just Public Policy In Arizona
Visit Unitarian Universalist Justice Arizona Network Website
Arizona Legislative Alerts
The AZ Legislative Alert – 03/10/17 Yes, We Can
The AZ Legislative Alert – 03/03/17 Protecting Democracy in Arizona
The AZ Legislative Alert – 02/24/17 Really Bad Bills! Action Needed Now
The AZ Legislative Alert – 02/17/17 A Time to Kill (some legislation)
The AZ Legislative Alert – 02/10/17 From Opposition to Resistance
The AZ Legislative Alert 50-Week Social Action Plan Weeks 1-16
The AZ Legislative Alert – 02/03/17 No Time for Tired
The AZ Legislative Alert – 01/27/17 A Wild Ride in Trump’s First Week
The AZ Legislative Alert – 01/22/17 Women March in D.C., AZ, the World
The AZ Legislative Alert – 01/19/17 Inaugural Weekend, Marches All Over AZ!
The AZ Legislative Alert 50-Week Social Action Plan Weeks 1-12
The AZ Legislative Alert – 01/12/17 Arizona Politics: Welcome Words, Will Action Follow?
The AZ Legislative Alert – 01/08/17 What to Expect in 2017
The AZ Legislative Alert – 01/04/17 Ready, Set, GO!
The AZ Legislative Alert – 12/30/16 In 2017 I Will…
The AZ Legislative Alert – 12/21/16 ACA Needs Help
The AZ Legislative Alert – 12/14/16 Let’s Eliminate NSEERS
The AZ Legislative Alert – 12/07/16 WHOA! Action Needed
The AZ Legislative Alert – 12/01/16 What to do about the Electoral College?
Legislative Alert – 11/26/16
Legislative Alert – 11/17/16
Legislative Alert – 11/10/16
Legislative Alert – 10/20/16
Legislative Alert – 10/6/16
Legislative Alert – 9/17/16
Legislative Alert – 9/8/16
Legislative Alert – 8/20/16
Legislative Alert – 8/10/16
Purposes of VUU’s Legislative Ministry
- Inform about the activities of the Arizona Legislature including the content of proposed legislation and citizen-initiatives through publication of the “Legislative Alert” and other periodic e-mail publications;
- Educate about proposed legislation by identifying resources (such as web sites), preparing issue papers and offering occasional Forums at VUU
- Advocate support for or opposition to selected legislation, based on its consistency with UU values
- Collaborate with other UU congregations in Arizona as part of UUJAZ (Unitarian Universalist Justice of Arizona advocacy network)
- Build partnerships with other progressive advocacy groups
- Article V Constitutional Convention? Who Would Want That? – 3/27/2017
- Hobby Lobby, Women’s Rights, and a Slippery Slope To Theocracy
- Redistricting the U.S. Congress: What’s the Issue? – 12/1/2014
- Citizens’ United Changed Almost Everything – 12/1/2014
- Amending Arizona’s Religious Freedom and Restoration Act – 3/2/2014
- A Constitutional Convention? Who Would Want That? – 9/1/2014
- Wrapping up the 2015 Arizona Legislation– a compendium of what passed and what failed in 2015
- “Is Income Inequality Ending the American Dream?” Powerpoint presented October 26, 2014
- “Is Income Inequality Ending the American Dream?” September 28, 2014
Join us for our annual UU Day at the Legislature, every President’s Day each year. Contact: email@example.com for more information and to sign up.
All opinions expressed within the Legislative Watch or issue papers are those of the author, not the Valley Unitarian Universalist Congregation or UUJAZ. VUU does not support or oppose political candidates.