2019 Summer programming for Children and Youth
3 age-grouped programs available each Sunday
Sundays, June 2 – September 1
Playroom with Reba, room 6
- Unstructured playtime for newborns – 5 year olds
- supervised by our childcare staff.
- adults sign children in & out on computer in classroom.
Elementary aged children, room 3: “Learning the Unitarian Universalist Principles from Avatar: The Last Airbender” a curriculum for 1st-5th grades.
- Lessons include excerpts from the Nickolodean series with related crafts and activities.
- Children begin with their families in the VUU sanctuary.
- Sign children in at the Faith Formation welcome table.
- Children meet teachers outside the sanctuary after Time For All Ages.
- Families pick up children in room 3, in the education complex, at 11:45 am, all children must be signed out after class.
Youth in 6th grade – recent HS grads: “You the Creator of Justice” edited.
- Discussions, activities, art & music to explore the idea of Justice on different levels: the world, local community, and family.
- meet in room 2 at 10:30 am (skip the sanctuary)
- Youth sign themselves in to the class.
July 7th = large group game day, room 2, in honor of Independence Day
All are invited – wear your swim suit and LOTS of sunscreen!