In general, stewardship means taking care of something we value and enabling it to grow. Stewardship calls us to take responsibility for institutions that support our most basic convictions, making contributions of our time, talent, and treasure to what we believe in.
We are stewards of our Unitarian Universalist faith when we give our time and our money to help sustain our congregation. The Stewardship Committee coordinates fundraising activities and educates the congregants on the importance of putting VUU high on their list of priorities. Here are some elements of VUU Stewardship:
Annual Pledge Campaign
The Endowment Fund of the Church consists of two accounts, the Bunny Clarke Leadership Fund and the Endowment Fund. The Bunny Clarke Account has been established and maintained through generous contributions from Bob Clarke. The earnings from this account funds leadership training for members of the congregation.
The Endowment Account is the principal vehicle which our Church uses to ensure its financial stability and guarantee that the mission of this Church will continue for generations to come.
The Endowment Fund is held by the church with restrictions placed on distributions, separate from the operating budget, capital reserve or other funds; principal has never been spent. To make a donation to the Endowment Fund one can make a bequest (name the church in your will or trust), establish a charitable remainder trust, make direct gifts (securities, stocks, mutual funds, insurance policies, annuities, etc.), or make a gift to the Endowment Fund in memory of someone.
VUU Fry’s Community Rewards Program
Participants Re-enrollment Begins August 1, 2016 – VUU’s NPO number is 29098
MONDAY, AUGUST 1ST IS THE DATE YOU NEED TO REMEMBER. PARTICIPANTS MAY RE-ENROLL IN THE 2016-2017 FRY’S COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM WITH VUU BEGINNING AUGUST 1ST.
Re-enrolling in the 2016-2017 Fry’s Community Rewards program beginning August 1, 2016! Please use the process below to re-enroll.
How to Re-Enroll for the Fry’s Community Rewards Program
- * Go to www.FrysCommunityRewards.com
- * Click on ‘Sign-In’.
- Enter your email and password, click on ‘sign in’.
- Click on your name (top right hand corner), under ‘Account Summary’ scroll down to “Community Rewards”.
- Click on ‘Edit’ under Community Rewards.
- Under Find Your Organization: Enter the NPO number or name of organization then select ‘search’. (the VUU NPO number is 29098)
- Under ‘Select Your Organization’, click on the circle next to your organization.
- Click on ‘Enroll’
* If you have re-enrolled correctly, you should see a green box with ‘Your enrollment in the Community Rewards Program has been updated. Thank you for participating!’ You will also see the information listed under ‘Community Rewards’ on your Account Summary page.