Our Whole Lives, Human Sexuality classes
At Valley Unitarian Universalist congregation, we are proud to offer all seven classes in the series on a rotational basis. However, we are only able to offer the class once for each age group. Next time the classes will be offered is listed next to each level.
- 1st & 2nd Graders – Orientation Sept 11, 2022 Parents participate in class with their children.
- Gr. 5-6 – Orientation in January 2023
- Gr. 8-9 Fall 2023
- Gr. 10-11 Spring 2024
- Young Adults (ages 18-35) (TBD)
- Adults (TBD)
- Older Adults (50 yrs +) (TBD)
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a series of sexuality education classes that were developed by the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ that models and teaches caring, compassion, respect and justice. In an inclusive and developmentally appropriate manner, the Our Whole Lives program addresses sensitive topics and supports open communication within families. It is a comprehensive curriculum, where every question is welcome. The program recognizes and respects the diversity of our participants.
Teachers – All instructors have passed background checks and are certified by the UUA. Certification categories: child classes – K/gr1 and gr. 5-6; Youth classes- gr. 8-9 and 10-11, adult classes – young adult, adult, and older adult.
- Chris Sar Child and Youth
- Janet Nash, VUU OWL Coordinator, Child and Youth
- Molly McNamara Child, Youth and Adult, and Youth Teacher-Trainer
- Ken St. John: Child and Youth
- Karen Hindhede Child and Youth
- Sherrill Prideaux Youth
- Joel Sannes Child and Youth
- Carl Anderson Child and Youth
- Peter Schweitzer Youth and Adult
- Linda Stenholm Child
- Cynthia Billotte Child
- Izzy Hyman Youth
What OWL Class is my child in?
For more information contact Marci Beaudoin, Director of Faith Formation ministry, [email protected], 480-899-4249