What guides us?
Love is our doctrine, service is our prayer, and justice is our calling.
Our Vision & Ends Statements (approved by VUU Board on May 24, 2016, based on input from the congregation)
We are a vibrant, inclusive community, inspired by many spiritualities and theologies, caring for one another through life’s challenges, and bending the moral arc of the universe toward justice.
- We challenge each person to discover, experience, and be transformed by the deep and mysterious.
- We cultivate our inclusive community through radical hospitality and nurturing.
- We prioritize intergenerational experience through increased investment in the faith formation of the next generation.
- We engage in partnerships to counter systems of oppression and create a just, sustainable and healthy world.
- We are an innovative congregation, growing Unitarian Universalism in covenant with our UUA partners.
We covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and use of the democratic process;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Love is the doctrine of this congregation;
The quest of truth is our sacrament
And service is our prayer.
To dwell together in peace;
To seek knowledge in freedom;
To serve humankind in friendship;
Thus do we covenant.